Beat the heat this summer with these tips from the experts at Con Edison:
- Set A/Cs to 78 degrees. Any lower and costs could go way up.
- Clean room A/C filters monthly. Service your central air every two years.
- Buy the right-sized room A/C. If it’s too big, you’ll be cold and clammy.
- Look for the Energy Efficiency Rating (EER). The higher, the better.
- Use fans when possible. For additional tips, click here.
CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO to find out how you can chill out your AC.
- New York City breaks all-time energy use record (treehugger.com)
- What are Your Favorite Creative Cooling Solutions? (elocal.com)
- Cheap Ways to Keep Cool This Summer (karenkitzmiller.wordpress.com)
- Cool Savings on Air Conditioning — Savings Experiment (dailyfinance.com)